суббота, 18 мая 2013 г.

Oprah Winfrey shares the news!

On the Oprah Winfrey's official website I found a really interesting article with the name " 6 Lovely Little Novels That Nobody's Heard of (Yet)". There you can find short annotations for each novel. My aim is to let people know about interesting events in the world of literature, that is why I am going to explain the content of 3 books, which I found the most interesting, so the reader can have a general idea about them and know what to expect.


The first novel "I Capture the Castle" by Dodie Smith is telling about problem of unrequited love. The life of the protagonist of the novel, Cassandra Martmain,  changes dramatically when the next door settle two brothers from the powerful family. In this novel can be found not only all the features of the romantic novel, but also the answers to many significant questions, such as maturing and rethinking of values of life.

The second novel 'In This Way I Was Saved' by Brian Deleeuw was called 'The Ghostly Thriller...with Plenty of Human Heart'. This novel is telling about 6-years-old boy, who has an imaginary friend who began to harass him. This book reveals the tenderness of childhood and the influence of family in crisis on the life of a child.

The  third novel "The True Memoirs of Little K' by Adrienne Sharp represents a story of Mathilde Kschessinska, famous ballerina in the Imperial Russian Ballet
at the end of the 19th century. Protagonist of Mathilde is a narrator in this novel where she tells about her affaire with the last Russian emperor, Nicholas II. Despite the fact that there are no direct evidences for this romance, this book is interesting and exciting. Sara Nelson, the author of annotation for this book, called it ' A Delicious , Witty Historical Romp Through the Last Days of Czars'. I am sure, that people who are interested in  historical novels will like it.


http://www.oprah.com/book/I-Capture-the-Castle-by-Dodie-Smith?editors_pick_id=35922

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий